Groff Engineering & Consulting LLC was established in early 2017. As mining professionals, we are eminently employable, and the minerals industry recognizes the value of having an experienced and qualified partner. As a Kentucky based company, our goal is to foster relationships with domestic and international clients that share our belief in supporting small business communities, such as ours, for the benefit of our families and yours. Groff consults with miners of coal and industrial minerals nationwide.
We are presently seeking a qualified geologist to join our team. We are considering licensed professional geologists (PG) and certified professional geologists (CPG). The position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects across the states in which our clients operate.
- Salaried position exempt from overtime. Salary DOE
- Bonus eligible
- Health and dental insurance provided for employee and immediate family
- Paid holidays and vacation time DOE
Knowledge and skills:
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Geology from an accredited university is required.
- Must have work experience in sedimentary formations, such as coal, limestone, sand & gravel, and so forth.
- Must have MSHA Part 46/48 new miner training completed.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license.
- Must have experience logging core samples.
- Knowledge of reporting mineral resources and mineral reserves is a plus.
- Knowledge of geologic modeling in Carlson Geology is a plus.
- Knowledge of hydrogeology and familiarity with MODFLOW is a plus.
- Knowledge of geomorphology and land reclamation is a plus.
- Requires work in an office setting as well as outdoors. Job assignments in the field will be subject to weather conditions at the time. Some work may be underground.
- Must be able to walk and/or climb uneven ground. Must be able to lift 50 lbs occasionally.
- Travel will be required and may be for short or extended durations, depending on the job. Our core drilling/logging projects often require travel for extended durations and work during daylight hours.
- Home most weekends but must be flexible to meet the project specific needs.
Point of Contact: Brian Groff | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (859) 432-0018